Tuesday, 16 August 2011

A Silver Bullet

As promised I registered for a gold and silver trading account. I signed up to GoldMoney.com, the registration process was arduous to say the least as I had to give them my driving license, bank details, life story etc. Other than that I would recommened giving it a go if you've got a bit of spare cash to lose.*

Now I will have to wait a few days before I can start trading until my deposit clears, in the mean time here are some reasons why I've decided to invest in silver:
  • Its cheaper than gold so I get more bang for my buck.
  • I'm diversifying my portfolio, I've got stocks, bonds and cash so who can say no to precious metals.
  • A hedge against inflation (keep printing those dollars).
  • No counterparty risk, a piece of metal can't go bust unlike companies and countries!
Once my deposit has gone through expect another update.

* Always seek professional financial advice before making any investment decisions, I am not an expert!

28 comments:

  1. Sounds but I rather keep my money invested in items with physical value or high resale values. for example an table you bought in wall mart for $100 will resell for $80. Or items which can only be acquired over seas also hold high resale value. Thats just coming from me though a non expert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool man, i m thinking of doing same in couple months

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good idea! I think i'd like to give silver a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a good idea, but buying gold and silver isn't a very good idea right now seeing as they're at an all time high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of things are going to be worth more than the dollar at this rate.. So any diversity in a portfolio is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always toyed with the idea of investing in stocks or metals. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Investing has always looked pretty promising, I look forward to seeing your updates on this

    ReplyDelete
  9. People can make a lot of money trading gold! If you know how to do it like a pro, you can become rich!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting idea. I'm going to look into this some more.

    Check out my math blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds cool man, ill look into it, good post

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wonder, i have heard that the metal markets only go up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to this update. I can't wait to see hjow this goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That much work? Well, let us know how it goes. If it works out for you then I'll try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea, but I'd rather my ptcs :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like a pretty dam good plan! hope it works out alright especially after the painful sign up process :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man, I really need to get around to doing some research as to what to invest in.

    Kudos for doing it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know anything about investing in metals but my interest is now piqued. I might read up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never heard of such service... think i'm gonna try it someday +1 follow

    ReplyDelete
  20. that really is a novel idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with your investment, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Plus Gold doesnt protect you from Werewolves.

    ReplyDelete
  23. cool men one day i will do the same thing ,nothing to say than good look!!
    +follow

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome! thanks for ur info, it's great =D

    ReplyDelete
  25. i've heard of people making a lot on it, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hm, something to think about.

    ReplyDelete