Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Investment Report

So got my investment report recently, its grown by 20% year ending July. Since then in August the markets have dropped by about the same amount, am I mad? Not really, I'm buying and not going to sell for a few years. You know the golden rule, buy low sell high!

In other news the US Federal Reserve expects to keep interest rates on hold at 0-0.25% for another 2 years, it looks like the UK will follow suit. I don't know about you but I've been feeling a reduction in my spending power with inflation officially around 5% (personally it feels more around 10-15%).

A rise in interest would help this but it doesnt look like its going to happen. I say put it up 2-3% over the next year and get people saving, if people lose their houses making repayments at this rate then they shouldn't have had the house to begin with.

Stop dragging this out and get the pain over with, put up rates now!

thoughts?




11 comments:

  1. yeah the media creating panic in the markets doesnt help matters either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a buyers market, im happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really I don't use ebay that much, search for some blogs about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its hard to not pull out of the market, but at the same time, I have to realize our money is the driving force to it. Its just so volatile right now I'm not happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly what I'm trying to do except I'm running into some banking errors at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buyers = payers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Money money money

    Money makes the world go round

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm too young to understand that, but it sounds like the government is screwing us over once again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't give a shit. as long as I can keep my money - idc

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got a friend who invests in rare earth metals and things. I did a little of it myself and made enough profit to build a new computer.

    ReplyDelete